Saturday 9 December 2006

Thailand – Day 5 (Phuket & Beach)

After the late night (4am) I had with Dave last night, there was only going to be one place to be today and that was going to be the Beach. The Sea here as Azure blue and very warm J There’s no need to take your time walking into it, you just dive in. Not at all bracing. There’s nothing much more really to say about today as I spent it relaxing on the beach all day. There was a very big downpour in the afternoon, so I decided to spend this time in the sea as I was going to get wet anyway! It’s very bizarre swimming in the sea during torrential rain. Unfortunately my bag wasn’t as protected from rain as I thought and my camera got soaked. It now doesn’t work, so I have to buy a new one :-(

Met with Dave during the night. He took me round his favourite haunts in Patong. I think he’s bored of Thai’s as you can see him dancing with a ‘Pole’ in the video below!! Compared to Karon, Patong is very wild and I thought Karon was pretty wild. I also met up with an old work colleague of mine from Norwich Union, also called Dave. No photos of Dave, but he’s not photogenic anyway, so I’m sure he wont mind. Amazingly we got chatting to some Swedish people. I say amazingly because every time you enter a bar, you are surrounded by Thai women wanting to be your best friend!! ;-)

Dave Dancing With A Pole!!!

No comments: